Building Inspector (Electrical) – South Middleton Township - May 20, 2021
Deadline: Thursday, July 15, 2021
Position Summary: South Middleton Township is a fast-growing township located just outside of Carlisle. The position assists in the administration and enforcement of the PA Uniform Construction Code, specifically electrical inspections, as well as related codes and ordinances of the Township. He/she will receive, review, and act on construction permits, perform field inspections, examine plans, ensure compliance, and prepare periodic reports.
Qualifications: The applicant must have a high school diploma with at least three years of progressively responsible experience in building codes inspection, supervising in the building trades, or as an electrician. Must possess, or be able to obtain within a timeframe established by the Township, certification from the Department of Labor and Industry for building codes inspection and plan review for electrical inspections. Currently possessing such certification(s) is preferred, but the Township is willing to train the right candidate (all expenses paid). A competitive salary is DOQ with an excellent benefits package. How to Apply: To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Timothy Duerr at email@example.com. A full job description is available on the Township Website www.smiddleton.com or upon request. South Middleton Township is an EOE.
EAST GOSHEN TOWNSHIP
Public Notice of Employment Vacancy: April 30, 2021
Building Inspector Position
East Goshen Township is seeking qualified applicants for a full time Building Inspector position.
Responsibilities: The position of Building Inspector is a specialized position responsible for conducting building plan reviews, issuing building permits, conducting inspections in construction environments, issuing certificates of occupancy and communicating effectively to property owners, contractors and design professionals both verbally and in writing.
Experience and Certifications Required: Minimally, applicants must be detail oriented, have at least two years experience as a building inspector, have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, possess a valid driver’s license and currently hold the following International Code Council certifications:
- Residential Building Inspector
- Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner
- Commercial Building Inspector
Building Inspectors work closely with the public; a positive, helpful and friendly demeanor is required.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary based on experience and an extensive benefits package including health insurance and a retirement plan.
The successful applicant must submit to drug screening and a criminal background investigation. Send resumes and cover letters outlining education, work experience, salary history and professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than May 14, 2021.
Visit the Township website, www.eastgoshen.org, click on Services / Human Resources / Employment & Volunteer Opportunities for more information.
Building Official (Posted April 15, 2021)
Open Until Filled
Payrate: Based on qualifications and experience
The City of Wheeling is in search of a Building Official to provide support and service to the Building and Planning Department. Under general supervision of the Building and Planning Director, responsible for ensuring compliance as it relates to all residential and commercial building construction. This administrative position manages the daily functions of the division staff through adherence of division policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Building and Housing Codes of the City in the following ways:
• Reviews application and proposed work documents for compliance to the City’s Building and Housing Codes and accessibility standards, including occupancy changes, within the structure and scope defined above.
• Approves plans, signs and issues permits.
• Monitors construction progress and addresses building inspection concerns and problems. Performs inspections as needed.
• Calculates permit cost for new construction. Issues stop work orders for non-compliance with codes or approved plans.
• Issues notices and orders of condemnation, demolition and repair with the administrative procedures set forth in the applicable code.
• Responsible for file maintenance of official records (i.e. applications received, approved plans, fees collected, permits issued, reports of inspections, certificates issued, etc.) of projects to ensure file represents construction status.
• Coordinates intra and inter departmental activities to ensure achievement of code compliance.
• As required, serves as a liaison and attends Building Codes Board of Appeals meetings.
• Prepares and submits monthly and annual reports to the Director on number of plans reviewed, permits issued, inspections conducted as per the structure and scope defined above.
• Attends hearings, departmental staff and other meetings as required.
• Responsible for the administration of flood plain regulations. Schedules inspectors as needed.
• With delegated authority from the Director, issues certificates of zoning compliance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants meeting the following minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply:
• A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to that obtained by a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or related field from an accredited college or university; and (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in work involving building inspection, design or construction, at least (2) years of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
• Must secure and maintain ICC certification.
• Valid driver’s license required.
Applications must be submitted through the City of Wheeling’s applicant portal. You may view detailed job descriptions and complete an application by visiting the City’s website at https://www.wheelingwv.gov/departments/HumanResources and selecting the "Apply Here" link
Planning and Zoning Coordinator (Posted March 12, 2021)
Lower Swatara Township is accepting applications for the position of Planning and Zoning Coordinator. This position is responsible for the enforcement of the townships zoning ordinance, plan review for land development, subdivision, zoning hearing and storm water applications. Preference will be given to candidates with five years of planning/zoning experience, working knowledge of the PA Municipalities Planning Code, and general knowledge of engineering/architectural, surveying, and environmental regulations (including MS4) as it relates to zoning and planning. Applications will be accepted until 4pm on April 1, 2021. Resumes shall be directed to Betsy McBride, 1499 Spring Garden Drive, Middletown PA 17057, or by email at EMcBride@lowerswatara.org.
Electrical Inspector Position Available (renewed March 12, 2021)
The position will involve performing field inspections of construction sites. Professional and courteous interaction will be necessary with contractors, property owners, design professionals and municipal officials. Responsibilities will include answering phone calls, scheduling inspections and completing related paperwork. Benefits include: health care, company vehicle, 401k and paid time off.
Requirements: Passing scores on ICC or Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry recognized construction tests or the ability to pass these tests. The available position is for an electrical inspector. Additional certifications would be beneficial.
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Position Title:Electrical Inspector
- Company Name:MDIA
- Job Function:Inspector - Construction
- Entry Level:No
- Job Type:Full-Time
- Job Duration:Indefinite
- Min Education:H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
- Min Experience:0-1 Year
- Required Travel:10-25%
Contact: Brett Lutz, email@example.com, Assistant Manager Western Pennsylvania Region, 724-935-1558