PCCA is looking for individuals with residential plumbing or mechanical inspection experience who are willing to help with recording some lessons for the upcoming Plumbing and Mechanical Academies based on the 2018 IRC. Recordings will include two presenters, and can be scheduled to fit your available schedule.
The Pennsylvania Construction Codes Academy is on the lookout for individuals who may be interested in becoming an instructor for the PCCA.
Individuals are contracted with on a case-by-case basis to instruct courses, training programs, webinars, etc. in which they are interested and have background and experience in the subject matter. Opportunities are provided to “sit in” or “audit” programs with existing instructors to help develop a comfort level for what would be expected of them.
If interested in learning more please complete the following form: PCCA INSTRUCTOR RECRUITMENT FORM
The Pennsylvania Housing Research Center (PHRC) at Penn State is hiring! (posted May 9, 2022)
The High-Performance Housing Specialist position supports the mission of the PHRC by developing and delivering training programs, managing applied projects, planning and executing PHRC conferences, and supporting other core PHRC activities. Candidates must have broad knowledge of the residential construction industry and in-depth technical understanding of areas including but not limited to building enclosure design, structural systems, mechanical systems, renewable energy, architectural design, or construction management. This position has the benefits of working for a world-class university while being part of a small, dynamic team.
More information, including the opportunity to apply for this position, can be found online: https://bit.ly/PHRCJob-HPHS
Code Specialist II - Lower Macungie Township, Lehigh County (posted April 28, 2022)
Accepting applications until Friday, May 20, 2022 for the position of Code Specialist II. Minimum qualifications include high school diploma or GED (bachelor’s degree preferred), 1-3 years’ experience as a member of a building/code department or multiple years of construction field experience may be considered if candidate does not possess required certifications. Salary commensurate with experience. Complete job description can be found on www.lowermac.com. Please send resume to Bruce Beitel, Lower Macungie Township, 3400 Brookside Road, Macungie, PA 18062.
Building Inspector - Peters Township (reposted April 6, 2022)
Annual compensation of $70,000 plus benefits package
Peters Township is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Building Inspector. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in building inspection/construction, possess PA Dept. of Labor & Industry or International Code Council residential and commercial inspection certifications. The application and job description are available at the Peters Township Municipal Building, 610 East McMurray Road, McMurray, PA 15317 during normal working hours, or online at www.peterstownship.com.
Applications must be submitted to the Municipal Building or PFLauer@peterstownship.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Peters Township is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against the disabled.
Building Plans Examiner (Reposted April 6, 2022)
South Penn Code Consultants is looking for a Building Plans Examiner to join our team. We are a code compliance office, zoning officers, sewage enforcement officers, inspectors, plans examiners, permit technicians, and cover many municipalities. You will review and evaluate building plans and specifications to ensure the proposed construction complies with local, state Uniform Construction Code, building, fire, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, accessibility, energy, and related codes. Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review residential and commercial plans for compliance with national, state and locally adopted codes.
• Occasionally inspect buildings and structures for compliance with construction codes.
• Work collaboratively with staff from other departments.
• Develop good working relationships with the public and make difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions.
• Maintain an awareness and application of safe working procedures.
• Review plans and design calculations for complex structural systems used in a broad range of buildings.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Two years of college or vocational tech coursework in building code studies, engineering, architecture, or construction management or three years' experience in building code plan review work for a municipal agency or a private plan review consulting firm or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of the International Building Code (IBC). International Residential Code (IRC) and other regulations pertaining to construction and development.
• Knowledge of design, engineering, materials, and methods related to residential and commercial construction.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to understand and interpret codes and evaluate project proposals and projects under construction to verify conformance with code requirements.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to make appropriate, sometimes unpopular decisions.
• Ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner.
• Ability to respond diplomatically to angry citizens or clients.
• Knowledge of computer software applications.
• All ICC Building Plans Examiner certification
• The work involves utilizing critical thinking skills to evaluate architectural and structural plan documents for conformance with applicable laws and regulations. Reviewers are expected to have knowledge on the use of typical office tools and equipment such as telephones, personal computers, copy machines, etc.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in the field.
• The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions, in wet and/or humid conditions, in high, precarious places, near moving mechanical parts, near fumes, airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals, or near risk of electrical shock and/or vibration.
• Work may periodically require the employee to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
Send or Email Resume and Salary requirements to:
South Penn Code Consultants,
1382 Seven Valleys Road
York PA 717-942-2248
CODE ENFORCEMENT RENTAL/RESALE INSPECTOR - Salisbury Township (Posted April 1, 2022)
Salisbury Twp Community Development Dept seeks applicants to conduct inspections of rental/resale properties and enforcement + investigations on code violations. Computer/MS Office exp+. Clearances required. Submit resume and references to: email@example.com subject: CERRI Position, Salisbury Twp, 2900 S. Pike Ave, Allentown, PA 18103 by April 22, 2022. Visit www.salisburytownshippa.org for more info.
Upper Allen Township Vacancy - Building Code Inspector (Posted March 28, 2022)
Upper Allen Township is seeking applicants for the position of Building Code Inspector in the Community Development Department.
Hiring range is $55,537.50 to $69,412.87 plus benefits to include medical, vision and dental insurance and life/disability insurance. Other benefits include defined contribution retirement plan, paid holidays, sick days, personal days, and vacation.
A letter of interest and resume may be mailed or delivered to Upper Allen Township, ATTN: Human Resources, 100 Gettysburg Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055 emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants can also apply through Indeed.com.
Applications will be accepted until further notice.
Upper Allen Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Click Here for a complete job description.
Borough of Middletown - Zoning and Codes Official (Posted March 8, 2022)
The Borough of Middletown (pop. 9,300) located in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania is seeking a Zoning and Codes Official. This mid-level planning position will involve the development, administration and enforcement of codes and ordinances governing subdivision and land development, zoning, building construction, property maintenance, historic preservation and related codes and the direct supervision of staff. Requires excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills. Requires an associate’s degree and four (4) years’ experience in municipal zoning and codes enforcement. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
PA Building Code Official certification preferred. Candidates not possessing this certification would be required to obtain the same within six (6) months of employment in order to serve as the Borough’s Building Code Official.
Salary commensurate on experience.
Remit cover letter, resume, a list of 3-5 professional references and salary requirements electronically to JOBS@middletownborough.com. Applicant information will be kept confidential. Applications are due by March 31, 2022.