Jobs will be posted for up to 6 months from the posting date.
PCCA is looking for individuals with residential plumbing or mechanical inspection experience who are willing to help with recording some lessons for the upcoming Plumbing and Mechanical Academies based on the 2018 IRC. Recordings will include two presenters, and can be scheduled to fit your available schedule.
The Pennsylvania Construction Codes Academy is on the lookout for individuals who may be interested in becoming an instructor for the PCCA.
Individuals are contracted with on a case-by-case basis to instruct courses, training programs, webinars, etc. in which they are interested and have background and experience in the subject matter. Opportunities are provided to “sit in” or “audit” programs with existing instructors to help develop a comfort level for what would be expected of them.
If interested in learning more please complete the following form: PCCA INSTRUCTOR RECRUITMENT FORM
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES CODES ADMINISTRATOR, LEVEL II (Posted 8/17/23)
Cranberry Township, Butler County, is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Codes
Administrator, Level II. Cranberry Township is a growing residential and business community that is
constantly striving to build connections between the local government and its residents and
business owners. The Codes Administrator, Level II position will serve as a point of contact to
both the residents and business owners in the community. Responsibilities for this position
include: the administration, review, approval and issuance of all residential and commercial
building, sign and zoning permits and related licenses in compliance with Township regulations,
codes and ordinances. This position will also conduct residential and commercial building, site,
fire prevention, property maintenance and Zoning inspections and enforcement, as well as conduct
land development subdivision, conditional use, zoning and fire prevention plan review residential
building and zoning plan reviews.
Along with completing inspections and plan reviews and issuing permits, this position will also
require the incumbent to provide technical assistance to customers, including residents, business
owners, developers, and contractors, regarding Township codes and regulations.
This position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of
work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will receive
ongoing and thorough training opportunities to develop expertise. This position will provide
security in a stable work environment, allowing individuals to plan for, focus on and complete
tasks on hand.
High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by at least three (3) years of directly related experience
in municipal code administration; or an equivalent combination of education, certification,
training, and/or experience.
Applicants must have a valid Driver’s License.
Preferred Qualifications Associate degree in a related field
Applicant must have at least five (5) of the following UCC certifications at the time of hire. All
remaining required certifications must be obtained within one (1) year of the date of hire.
PA UCC Residential Building Inspector
PA UCC Residential Mechanical Inspector PA UCC Residential Plumbing Inspector PA UCC Residential
PA UCC Commercial Building Inspector
PA UCC Commercial Mechanical Inspector PA UCC Commercial Plumbing Inspector PA UCC Commercial
PA UCC Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner
External Job Posting: 8/16/2023 – 8/30/2023
Certifications - Preferred
PA UCC Building Code Official
Fire Inspector (ICC Certification only)
Approximate Hourly Wage: $27.00-$30.00 plus our fringe benefits program
Fringe benefits include, among other things, health, dental and vision benefits, and a generous
deferred compensation plan. Specific questions regarding benefits can be sent to
Position Contact Information:
Individuals interested in this position should submit an application by August 30, 2023 at
Planning and Development Services: Codes Administrator, Level I (Posted 6/6/23, Revised 6/20/23)
Cranberry Township, Butler County, is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Codes Administrator, Level I. Cranberry Township is a growing residential and business community that is constantly striving to build connections between the local government and its residents and business owners. The Codes Administrator, Level I position will serve as a point of contact to both the residents and business owners in the community. Responsibilities for this position include: the administration, review, approval and issuance of all residential building, sign and zoning permits and related licenses in compliance with Township regulations, codes and ordinances. This position will also conduct residential building and zoning plan review, issuing permits, providing internal and external customer service and technical assistance as needed.
This position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will receive ongoing and thorough training opportunities to develop expertise. This position will provide security in a stable work environment, allowing individuals to plan for, focus on and complete tasks on hand.
High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by at least one (1) year of experience in a team environment, at least six (6) months of personal or professional experience in a construction or building setting and at least six (6) months experience demonstrated an ability to utilize technical hardware (computers, tablets, etc) and software (Microsoft Office programs).
Applicants must have a valid Driver’s License.
Associate’s Degree in a related field supplemented by one (1) year of experience in construction, engineering or related field. PA UCC Residential and Commercial Certifications.
The successful candidate shall be required to obtain the following PA UCC Residential Certifications within one year from the date of hire: Residential Building Inspector, Residential Plumbing Inspector, Residential Mechanical Inspector and Residential Energy Inspector. The successful candidate will also be expected to obtain the appropriate PA UCC Commercial Inspection certifications within three years from date of hire.
Approximate Hourly Wage: $23.00-$24.00 plus our fringe benefits program
Fringe benefits include, among other things, health, dental and vision benefits, and a generous deferred compensation plan. Specific questions regarding benefits can be sent to Human_Resources@cranberrytownship.com
Position Contact Information:
Individuals interested in this position should submit an application by July 3, 2023 to http://www.cranberrytownship.org/employment
Fire Safety Specialist (Posted 4/17/23)
Are you someone who is passionate about fire and life safety, likes solving problems, working in teams, and influencing others?
Carnegie Mellon University, one of the world leaders in higher education and research, is seeking a Fire Safety Specialist to join the Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) team! This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and meaningful work environment. In this role, you will be an integral and highly valued team member, responsible for assisting managers in oversight of a specific function including, but not limited to, fire safety, workplace safety, bio/rad safety, laboratory safety, etc. As the specialist, you will perform inspections and ensure regulatory compliance for areas across campus. In addition, you will be responsible for writing reports of findings and sharing them with department heads, school leadership, and EH&S Leadership.
May be required to be on call and work irregular or extended work hours to include, but not limited to, overtime, emergency hours, nights, and weekends.
Interested in learning more? Apply today!
Core responsibilities include:
- Performs safety and regulatory audits/surveys. Ensures areas of focus are audited as required by federal, state, and local regulations and/or university programmatic requirements. Responds professionally and courteously to requests for assistance.
- Provides training for students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- Analyzes and summarize audit/survey findings and report findings to departmental leadership
- Responds to emergencies
- Provides accurate updates to the supervisor on a periodic basis. Provide support and assists other EH&S professional staff in resolving safety and health issues (including indoor air quality investigations, etc.)
- Keeps accurate records and manages files and databases
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within EH&S. Inclusion, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work. We are seeking someone who possesses outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills and wants to help us make a positive impact on our university fire and life safety programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Fire Science, Safety, Engineering, Fire Protection, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of fire safety experience
- Environmental Health and Safety Experience
- OR Equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- Prior experience in a higher education setting, research facility, or hospitals preferred.
- Experience with fire protection and life safety systems preferred.
- Current Fire Inspector I certification in the State of Pennsylvania or by International Code Council (ICC) or National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) preferred.
- Knowledge and competency in using CampusOptics preferred.
- Oral and Written Communication Skills Organization and Planning Skills
CMU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university’s current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Environmental Health and Safety
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance
Apply through this website: https://cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CMU/job/Pittsburgh-PA/Fire-Safety-Specialist---Environmental-Health---Safety_2019692
Code Enforcement / Zoning / Planning Official - Borough of Emmaus
The Borough of Emmaus is accepting applications for the full-time position of Code Enforcement / Zoning / Planning Official. The position is responsible for the enforcement of State and Local Codes, issuance of licenses and permits, physical inspections of properties, plan reviews, zoning, issuance of citations, attendance at court hearings, and any other code enforcement related activity. The successful candidate should have a broad background in building construction, knowledge of the UCC, a working knowledge of computers, and the ability to work with the public in a pleasant and professional manner.
Complete job description and details can be obtained by emailing the Borough Manager at email@example.com or at the temporary Emmaus Borough Hall, 420 S. 10th Street, Emmaus, PA 18049. Pay is between $60,000 - $80,000 depending on UCC certifications and skillset already possessed by the successful applicant. Resumes must be mailed to Attn: Shane Pepe at Borough Hall at the address listed above. The application deadline is Friday, April 28, 2023 at 12:00 PM.
There is a potential that the successful candidate may be selected to be the manager of the department if they possess the proper experience in the field and have the proper UCC certifications. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Construction Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Codes Enforcement / Planning / Zoning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Zoning Officer – Lower Macungie Township (Posted 4/3/23)
Deadline: Monday April 24, 2023
Lower Macungie Township, Lehigh County is accepting applications for a qualified Zoning Officer.
This position assists in the workings and responsibilities of the Zoning Office and Planning Office in a competent, timely, collaborative, and professional manner, in strict accordance with all applicable laws and developed technical practices and procedures, and reflecting the Township’s high standard of ethical behavior and commitment of service to its citizens. Salary range $65,000-$75,000.
- Assist in the administration of the Zoning and Floodplain Ordinance.
- Identifies and registers nonconforming lots, building structures.
- Advises property owners, developers of procedures for submission and review of subdivision and land development plans.
- Applies understanding of the elements of transportation, stormwater management, utilities, environmental matters, best design practices, economic development, park development and land use planning to analysis of development and land use proposals.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships by meeting and communicating with the public, elected officials, Township employees, and governmental units.
- Issues enforcement notices to persons violating provisions of the Zoning, Property Maintenance and Life Safety Codes. Attends hearings and court proceedings as necessary.
- Assists in the operations of the Zoning Hearing Board by attending their public hearings, posting properties, researching histories and other similar duties.
- Attends meetings with the Board of Commissioners, Planning Commission, and department heads, government authorities and committees, and other meetings as required.
- Serve as a point of contact for residents with questions on zoning, property maintenance codes and standards.
- Perform various field inspections including for projects, violations, investigation of complaints, observation of flooding conditions and others.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in land planning, urban studies, public administration or a related field. Two or more years’ experience in government planning or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous active and documented experience in Community Development or municipal planning, including direct experience with municipal codes, ordinances, regulations and reviewing site development plans.
For a more detailed job description, please visit www.lowermac.com. Please send resume to Donna Conklin, Lower Macungie Township 3400 Brookside Road, Macungie PA 18062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org