Once registered, you will receive a Zoom invitation link needed to attend the class at least 2 days prior to the scheduled time. Please note, this email tends to get caught up in spam. If you have not received the Zoom invitation email within 2 days of the course, please double check your spam folder or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we are here to help!
IFGC 101 is designed for code officials, inspectors, installers and contractors, but open to any interested party. This one-day course covers basic and advanced concepts, principles, and applications for the 2015 International Fuel Gas Code. Instruction includes a variety of pipe sizing and ventilation exercises to enhance the concepts being presented. After attending this course, you will:
- Learn how to find code requirements pertaining to non-residential fuel gas systems and fixtures in the : IFGC, adopted standards, conditions of a listed fixture, and manufacturer installation instructions.
- Develop a basic knowledge of terminology and concepts related to non-residential fuel gas systems, piping, fixtures and equipment.
- Have practiced sizing fuel gas piping and ventilation systems.
- Be able to describe which elements of a fuel gas system may fall under the duties of different inspectors, including mechanical, plumbing and electrical and prioritize those inspection items having the greatest impact on the health, protection and safety of the building occupants.
- Have been exposed to a portion of the content material likely to be encountered on the Mechanical Plans Examiner and Mechanical Inspector certification examinations.
- Building & Fire Code Academy
The 2015 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) is required.
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Instruction time
6 UCC continuing education credit hours awarded.