Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
9600 University Boulevard
Moon Township, PA 15108
IBC 101 is designed for code officials, inspectors, contractors, and design professionals, but open to any interested party. This five-day course provides comprehensive instruction and illustration on the use, application, intent and rationale of the 2015 International Building Code (IBC). After attending the complete five-day course, you will:
- Learn how to find code requirements pertaining to non-residential structures in the IBC and adopted standards.
- Have been exposed to the content material likely to be encountered on the Building Inspector and Building Plans Examiner certification examinations.
- Develop a basic knowledge of terminology and concepts related to non-residential buildings and systems.
- Be able to describe the duties of a building inspector and prioritize those inspection items having the greatest impact on the health, protection and safety of the building occupants.
After taking Part I of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to: use and occupancy classifications; height and area calculations; and , types of construction.
After taking Part II of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to: fire resistive rated construction and interior finish requirements.
After taking Part III of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to means of egress.
After taking Part IV of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to special occupancies and fire protection.
After taking Part V of this course you will:
- Be more knowledgeable about IBC requirements related to: walls, roofs, special inspections, glazing, references to electrical, plumbing and mechanical requirements and construction safety.
Building and Fire Code Academy
The 2015 International Building Code (IBC) and a standard calculator are required.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Instruction time
- One day $125
- Two days $195
- Three days $295
- Four days $395
- Five days $495
Fee includes continental breakfast and lunch
6 UCC continuing education hours awarded for each day attended.
To order offline, use this form.