Cetronia Joint Operations Center
Allentown PA 18104
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO LACK OF REGISTRATIONS THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN CANCELLED
This advanced floodplain management course is a dynamic and interactive instruction that covers the following four topics in detail:
- Placement of Manufactured Homes and Recreational Vehicles in the Floodplain (1 day)
- National Flood Insurance Program Flood Insurance Principles for the Floodplain Manager (1 day)
- Higher Standards in Floodplain Management (1 day)
- Hydrology and Hydraulics for the Floodplain Manager (1 day)
Each topic is designed to be discussed and reviewed in greater detail than the basic course. Developed and real-life scenarios will be examined and activities will be conducted in each section to make sure participants not only understand the rules and regulations but also why they are in place and how to apply them in the particular topic areas. This course is activity-rich and participants can expect to be engaged throughout the course.
Selection Criteria: Certified floodplain managers or community officials with 2 years of full-time floodplain management experience. Federal, state, local, and tribal officials will take precedence.
More effectively address issues concerning:
- Placement of manufactured homes and recreational vehicles in the floodplain;
- National Flood Insurance Program flood insurance principles for the floodplain manager;
- Higher standards in floodplain management; and
- Hydrology and hydraulics for the floodplain manager
Recommended: IS1102 Theory of Elevation Rating, IS1101 Basic Agent Tutorial and E0273 Managing Floodplain Development Through the National Flood Insurance Program
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Instruction time (subject to change)
12 CECs for CFMs
24 Uniform Construction Code/ICC credit hours
CANCELLATION & NO SHOW POLICY:
Cancellations must be received in writing by faxing to (717) 236-9493 or sending an email to email@example.com. Refunds will be determined by the date of the fax or email. A cancellation received less than 10 business days of the session you are registered for, is subject to a $20 processing fee for refunds. Those who cancel within 2 business days of the session date or do not attend, forfeit the full registration fee and if unpaid, will be invoiced. Credit toward future PCCA courses may be accepted upon approval from the PCCA administrator; substitutions may be accepted.