Once registered, you will receive a Zoom invitation link needed to attend the class at least 2 days prior to the scheduled time. Please note, this email tends to get caught up in spam. If you have not received the Zoom invitation email within 2 days of the course, please double check your spam folder or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we are here to help!
ACC 101 is designed for code officials, inspectors, contractors, and design professionals, but open to any interested party. This three-day course provides a comprehensive overview of accessibility provisions under the Uniform Construction Code, scoping requirements outlined in the International Building Code (IBC), and the technical standards of the ICC/ANSI A117.1. Practice exams are included at the end of each day to help students retain information and prepare for the Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner test. After attending this course, you will:
- Be able to find accessibility provisions in Chapter 11 of the IBC, in the IEBC and ANSI A117.1 – 2009 Standard.
- Better understand how to establish the “scoping requirements” for accessibility, from which the technical requirements will flow.
- Have been exposed to the content material that is likely to be encountered on the exam for Accessibility Plans Examiners/Inspectors.
- Understand the priority that is placed upon understanding and enforcing accessibility provisions in Pennsylvania.
- Be able to discuss some of the most common errors that are made when reviewing plans and performing inspections for accessibility compliance.
The 2018 International Building Code (IBC), 2018 International Existing Building Code (IEBC) and the ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009 Standard are highly recommended (but NOT provided).
8:30 a.m to 9:30am. Live introduction with Q&A followed by independent self-study aided through video instruction.
18 UCC continuing education credit hours awarded.
*We no longer accept paper registrations or invoicing for this class. Online registrations only. Credit Cards, PayPal and checks are accepted as payment.
Attendance & Cancellation Policy for Virtual Class
To receive full CEU's for this class, Attendance & Participation in the Live Zoom's are required.
*If there are any Attendance Issues, please e-mail Christy Saliaris at email@example.com
Cancellations must be received in writing by faxing to 717-724-1663 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Refunds will be determined by the date of the fax or email. A cancellation received less than 10 business days of the session you are registered for, is subject to a $20 processing fee for refunds. Those who cancel within 2 business days of the session date or do not attend, forfeit the full registration fee and if unpaid, will be invoiced. Credit toward future PCCA courses may be accepted upon approval from the PCCA administrator; substitutions may be accepted.